08 Petition Update - WE HIT 5000 Signatures - NOW WHAT?
Updated: Jul 10, 2021
An Action Plan is Formed
Mar 26, 2018 — Good Evening Fellow Residents, Commuters and Supporters
What a Great effort from Everyone to have the petition hit the 5000 mark in just 14 days. WELL DONE for Sharing and Spreading the word.
The easy part is done. NOW WE have to work together to convince the Politicians to get this work done.
THE OVERALL OBJECTIVE The ultimate objective is to get Multi Level Carparks Built at Leppington And Edmondson Park Stations and I believe that the easiest way to do this is to obtain a written Commitment from BOTH the current Minister for Transport and Infrastructure Mr ANDREW CONSTANCE and ALSO the Shadow Minister for Transport Ms JODI McKAY.
So How do we achieve that?
ACTION PLAN 1) Start Petition and gain minimum 5000 Supporters - DONE
2) Get Media Attention - SHINE THE LIGHT ON THE ISSUE 2a) Articles already in Liverpool Champion and associated papers in the MacArthur Area (14 to 16 March) 2b) Articles in the Liverpool Champion and Liverpool Leader 28/03. 2c) Create Follow up articles - Secure Stories from Supporters. 2d) Create Media Events - Rallies and Group Events
3) Obtain Letters of Support from the 3 Different Councils affected - Liverpool, Campbelltown and Camden.
4) Obtain Letters of Support from MP's of the 5 Different State Electorates affected - Holsworthy, Macquarie Fields, Camden, Liverpool and Mulgoa.
5) Maintain a Social Media Presence 5a) Make comments on Media Pages and Politicians Pages 5b) Use the hashtag #MoreParkingNow
6) Continue to get Signatures 6a) Via Social Media 6b) Letterbox drops in various Areas 6c) Community Meetings
7) Present Petition to The Minister and Opposition Minister.
With the State Election now only One year away (March 2019) and both the Liberal and Labor Party starting to get into Election mode this is our chance to secure a commitment from both Major Parties to build this vital infrastructure in our Area.
To do ALL this will require TEAMWORK - I can't do all this alone so I will be relying on your assistance.
I will be doing regular updates on my facebook page www.facebook.com/Michael.Independent/ plus updates via email using the Change Site.
Any other suggestions that you have are also welcome and you can message me via my facebook page.
Michael Andjelkovic JP Community Campaigner for Greater Liverpool
PS - I have asked to address Liverpool Council on Wednesday the 28th March 2018 regarding this matter. - I am still waiting on confirmation if this has been accepted.